Pebble recently introduced a big update to its app suite and firmware. Version 4.0 is “all about maximizing your ability to ‘glance and go'”.
All Pebble users can update their Pebble apps to the latest update either from Google Play or the iTunes App Store. If you have a Pebble Time, Time Steel or Time Round, you can update to 4.0 from the Pebble app. Go to Menu > Support > Update Your Pebble.
Pebble Health is now smarter than ever, and easier to find. Just press up from your watch face to get quick glances of your step and sleep performance. Activity cards are redesigned – press right from each activity to dive deeper into your information and compare past performances.
Update 4.0 also brings new Quick Views to your Timeline. You can get a sneak peek at upcoming events, and press down to get more information. Pressing Select on your watch face shows you the new Launcher menu, condensed to give you even more information at once.
With the update, your Pebble is faster. Everything is centered around delivering rich glances that you can quickly see. Favorite apps are easier to access – just press and hold to assign favorite apps to the Up, Down, Back and Select buttons.
Users that pair their Pebble with an iOS device now have Email Actions. These let you delete, archive, mark as read, reply all and star emails right from your watch – for Gmail. You can create custom responses for email replies or send voice replies. Set up email actions from the Pebble app by going to Settings > Email Preferences (Sneak Peek).
- All-New Pebble Health App. Press Up from your watchface to review your Pebble Health activity and sleep. Enjoy redesigned cards for quick glances at your current step and sleep performance. Press Right from each activity to dive deeper into your historical performance data.
- Timeline with Quick Views. Press Down from your watchface for current and future views of your personal Timeline. Gaze up to three days into the future. Enjoy Quick Views—peeks at what’s coming up next—from your watchface. Press Down on a Quick View to see more about it, or press Back to dismiss it.
- Better, Faster Launcher with App Glances. Press Select from your watchface for a new Launcher menu that’s built for speed. The banner design shows more items at once. App Glances show preview info without even opening an app.
- 4-Button Quick Launch. Your favorite Pebble apps are just a press and hold away from your watchface. Assign a Quick Launch favorite to the Up, Down, Back, and Select buttons and blast off.
- Built for Speed. New system animations make the overall watch experience faster.
- Compatibility. Pebble Firmware 4.0 works with Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel, Pebble Time Round, and the upcoming 2016 Pebble lineup (Pebble 2 and Time 2). Version 3.12.2 remains the most current firmware for Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel at this time.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.